About The Church of Glad Tidings
Glad Tidings started in 1956 in a little cinder block building on the corner of Gardner drive and Ragland street. Since then it has been added onto two times and continues to grow. We are currently in the process of building a new church at a new location just off of Hwy 155 in Palestine. Our new facility will be able to sit 250+ and have several more classrooms for multiple types of classes. But that is just phase 1. In phase 2 we will be adding another building that will be our Fellowship hall, Gym and more! Come and check out this exciting time, or better yet, come and be a part of our family as we grow together!
what we believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God (2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:21; Rom 15:4; 1 Cor 2:13).
- We believe there is one eternal, almighty and perfect God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matt 28:18-19; Mk 12:29; Jn 1:14; Heb 1:1-3; Acts 5:3-4).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory (Jn 1:1; Matt 1:23; Heb 4:14-15; Acts 13:26-34; Jn 3:16; 1 Pet 2:24; Phil 2:9-11).
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential (Titus 3:5; Jn 6:63; 2 Cor 3:6, 18; Rom 5:1; 1 Jn 5:11-12).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. The baptism in the Holy Spirit releases the fullness of the Spirit and is evidenced by the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit (Jn 14:16-17, 16:7-15; 1 Cor 12:8-10; Eph 4:7-13; Rom 12:3-8; Acts 1:4-5, 2:4)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (1 Cor 15:51-52; 1 Thess 4:13-18; 2 Thess 1:7-9).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Cor 12:12-27; Eph 4:3-10; Col 3:14-15).